Friday, July 25, 2008

Dredged from the dark depths of my mind.

This is how I see everything. Through The Veil of Evil.
5 minute writing
He sat in his cellar at the typewriter, afraid to stay any longer, but far more afraid of leaving. He had brought this to the world and it was his job to document it for everyone’s sake. A roar shook the foundations of his house and a sulfurous stench escaped beneath the rowan door at the far end of the room. He shuddered. It couldn’t be long now. He typed rapidly, and his fingers caused a constant clicking that became the background to the piercing screeches that echoed about the room. He glanced up and involuntarily flinched as yet another shielding sigil on the door flickered and failed. Merely one remained. One spot of magick against an onrushing wave of Darkness. He gulped, and turned back to his work. As he wrote he murmured prayers to the gods, whom he had blasphemed with his works. He knew it was too late for the world. But perhaps his soul could be redeemed. He lost sight of the keys as the light of the final sigil dimmed and died. The pounding that had echoed for the past seven hours and six minutes had ended. Now darkness streamed through the closed door. Its chill reached him before it had crossed half the room. He was far too terrified to move. He opened his mouth to scream, but the Darkness reached him and began to pour inside. He gagged and choked as it streamed into his lungs and stomach. He tried time and again to scream as it burst through his ears into his skull. He fell to the ground writhing as the evil within him began to absorb all his liquids. It poured out of him and ventured upwards to the rest of the unsuspecting earth. In the cellar a withered husk lay on the ground, its skin stretched tight over its bones, mouth forever opened in a silent scream.

14 comments:

Met said...

try something more positive.

Reogan said...

Like...... Necromancy? You may be on to something. To the typewriter!!!

Met said...

Actually you should quit writing on this blog it's making it seem rather morbid for a rather pleasant site.

Reogan said...

Ah yes, I often forget how some people are put off by things like evil darkness and apocalypses. That's why I also write about Pokemon! =)

Met said...

It still needs to be more of a rather pleasant site.

Reogan said...

I vow to make my next post about Mr. Happy Bunny Face!


Will that work?

Met said...

by no means

Reogan said...

Than you shall feel the wrath of Mr. Happy Bunny Face, Crime Overlord and Tyrant and Dictator of the Friendly Pretty Forest!!!!!





My Psychiatrist won't return my phonecalls.




I'm so lonely.








But the voices keep me company.




And tell me who to kill.

Qupar said...

Did you even mention Mr. Happy (Bunny) Face!!! The Nightmares will come back now! The red syrup! Not the red syrup! Quick get Timmy away from the T.V.! I hear the thunder coming!!! Save the dog! Save the ddddddddooooooooogggggggggg!!!!!!












So who said anything about this not being a pleasant site?

Reogan said...

For all of you who don't get this,
Mr. Happy Face is a video on Youtube by Jason Steele (secretagentbob) I stumbled across it one day, and though it didn't faze me (Due to my already Dark and Twisted mind) but I told others about it and they said it was sick and horrifying. Watch it at your own peril. It is mildly disturbing (they tell me.)



This is the same guy who made Charlie the Unicorn.

And the Cloak.





And Bloodlust and Sockpuppets.

Elphaba said...

Wow, Reogan. Even before I met you, you wrote about creepy and disturbing things. That is... yeah, wow. You're crazy. :P

Reogan said...

I prefer to think of it as art, and myself as a visionary.

Met said...

You're insane.

Reogan said...

I wouldn't have it any other way.