Wednesday, February 06, 2008

OverClockedRemix post #2

This is my second main post centered on http://www.ocremix.org/, the first was on my blog. Some good game remixes to check out on your first visit should mainly be from games you've played before. I have found that it almost is cooler if you hear a remix before hearing the game's music because it makes it seem more orginal. Some of the most popularly remixed games are worth checking out. I really like all the Chrono Trigger tracks and Chrono Symphonic (the OCR album for Chrono Trigger). It has nearly 100 remixes so far. Fianl Fantasy 7 has amazing music as well. The Final Fantasy album project is the biggest one yet and has some of the best music I've ever heard. Most of the album tracks are also available using http://www.ocremix.org/, but all the tracks are at the albums home page which is http://ff7.ocremix.org/tracks/. There are lots of other albums worth checking out, the link to most of those albums is at the ocremix home page. This site deserves a lot of attention mainly because it's a cool place to hang out and the music downloads are completely legal and free.

7 comments:

Reogan said...

I only want to say




ahem...





LEGEND OF ZELDA!
ZELDA II THE ADVENTURE OF LINK
A LINK TO THE PAST
LINKS AWAKENING
ORACLE OF SEASONS
ORACLE OF AGES
FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURE
MINISH CAP
PHANTOM HOURGLASS
WIND WAKER
MAJORAS MASK
WHATEVER I FORGOT




AND...





OCARINA OF TIME!!!!!!!






And if your in the mood for something annoying, yet fun




YOSHI'S STORY!!!!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji said...

Great to read that you're also checking out ReMixes from games you never played; that's a great way to find excellent tracks that many people end up missing out on!

Thanks a lot for the plug and the kind words, met, we appreciate 'em!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
Staff, VGMdb
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com
http://www.vgmdb.net

Reogan said...

.... That's a lot of titles for one person!

Met said...

Larry Oji commented on this blog and that's all you can say? I flipped when I got the email notification for this.

Reogan said...

Yet you refused to comment until now.

Met said...

Hey, I was floored. As soon as I saw the email was from Larry Oji about a comment on this blog I was practically prepared to be banned from the OCR forums for some reason. Larry Oji is a super moderator and his power on OCR is enough to earn my respect (although everyone else seems to have fun messing with him). I had no clue what to say and I still probably don't. Those guys at OCR are my heroes. Having Larry Oji say hi to me is the equivalent of a sports fanatic who roots for the Colts being greeted by the likes of Peyton Manning (in American Football). No matter what I say I don't feel like I can live up to the greatness of people like Larry Oji... I'm being serious here. In the meantime I'll keep trying.

Reogan said...

Your analogies do nothing fr your argument in my eyes.