Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My bookshelf at a glance.

Yes, I'm sure you're wondering what my bookshelf looks like. The picture below is probably what most of you would imagine.









(No, I am not mentally ill. Much.)











But the amount of blood upon ones bookshelf is not representative of its value. No, that lies in the tomes upon it. On my bookshelf I have a shelf organization system that works as follows;












  1. Books I absolutely cannot live without.






  2. Long series I absolutely cannot live without.






  3. Books that would cause me to become comatose if I lost.






  4. Good books.



  5. Everything else. Books I'll read every few years or less.



My top shelf is also like a 'featured authors' section. This consists of my favorite authors. Tamora Pierce, Jonathan Stroud, Garth Nix, et cetera, and a few 'filler' books. I have some old favorites from my childhood on the second shelf like Deltora Quest, and Redwall. As is evident I have a deep love for fantasy, and the more 'dark' books. Speaking of Dark, I have half a shelf devoted to Poe. In my opinion his poetry was only bested by Dickinson's. I do not, repeat, DO NOT read sci-fi. I am Met's equal opposite in the realms of literature. (Except for Deltora Quest. We both used to love those.)

3 comments:

Met said...

I enjoy some fantasy like Lord of The Rings, but he's mostly right, sci-fi sums up what I read, a ton of star wars books.

Qupar said...

Go Rick Riordan!

Reogan said...

Go Nix! Saturday just came out!
Go Colfer! The Time Paradox is out!