Friday, August 27, 2010

Pursuit

I had been rationalizing for weeks, telling myself that what I was about to do was necessary, even right. The man was an utter fool! I knew that the Knights of the Golden Circle needed to survive, and this was the only way to do it.

I had to kill him.

I would be one of the most famous men in history. How many people assasinate presidents, let alone successfully? I'd be honored as the man that took down the man that was responsible for our ruined land, economy, and livelihood!

I waited for the laughter to reach a crescendo--I'd heard the man's wife was a rather high-strung woman, and a gunshot would only cause her to panic and interrupt my escape.

*gunshot*

I had started out in pursuit of him, and now they were all in pursuit of me.

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten it." Billboard.

4 comments:

Xanthurian said...

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten it."

How ironic... That's all I can really say...

Reogan said...

This is good, but it could be more. Yet, in its brevity lies its strength. I'm proud of you. I really am.

Reogan said...

Also, this reminds me of a Thought of mine. Heroism it was.

Elphaba said...

Thank you, Reogan! And yeah, Xanthurian, it's really ironic. Almost hypocritical.