Thursday, December 16, 2010

socks of yarn

floating through the cupboard

my thoughts rebound off jam--

unopened

delicious

strawberry preserves.


i wasn't even thinking of jam.


where did that come from?


i was thinking of yarn.


floating through the closet

my thoughts rebound off yarn--

yards and yards of

colorful

soft

skeins of yarn.


making Christmas lists

and brainstorming--

rainstorming...

dreaming of summer,

with the clouds and the sun

and the breeze and the grass

tickling my feet.


tickling my feet?


brothers tickling my feet.


socked feet

socks of yarn

skeins of yarn

jars of jam.


i palindrome i.

1 comment:

Reogan said...

Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!
Manonam!
Dad palindrome dad.

I get the reference.


This is a prime example of Reoganworks not being the haven of quite every good writer in the world. We've one left to completely ensnare.