Friday, November 13, 2009

Song of the Week 10: 'Zeno Paradox' by E-Bison

Alright, here's a fairly new remix off OCR from 10/19/09 that I'm happy to post as song of the week 10. This one is the first track off of Humans + Gears: Xenogears ReMixed and be sure to check out the trailer for that as well. Now I've never heard of Xenogears before coming to OCR, yes I admit I'm actually not really that big of a gamer. I only know some more popular games. Let me say right off the bat that this remix impressed me a ton. This is something that seems to me like the equivelant of Black Wing Metamorphosis, except for Xenogears and in a lot of ways this is cooler, depending on what mood you're in. This really is an epic piece and to quote djpretzel's writeup "everything about this piece is rich, dynamic, and dramatic," which really rings true. E-Bison truly delivers an awesome mix and something that after only hearing around 20 times I'm willing to put up as song of the week as our entry into double digits. To listen to the track, take the link I put on an awesome mix. djpretzel does a much better describing this mix then I can ever do so I reccomend you check out the write up for sure. Overall, I assure you that this will be worth the listen and I might put some more tracks up from the project, because they're certainly pretty good. I've already got part of this song as my ringtone, starting at about 2:12, really cool stuff. Highly reccomended.

7 comments:

Reogan said...

I was quite fond of the beginning. Then, halfway through, it broke.

Met said...

At what time in the track?

Reogan said...

Whenever the horrific energies infused it.

Met said...

Gated choir at 2:12?

Reogan said...

Yes.

Met said...

That was awesome. It's my ringtone :)

Reogan said...

Bah!