Thursday, November 18, 2010

the cornerlaugher

I have this friend
who is really awesome.


I talk to her
on
the
phone.


I've never seen New in Town,
she informs me,

but I might like

tapioca pudding.


I have a platypus.


She tells me

I will fit in only if I am on LSD.


The friend...

not the platypus.


Just so you know.


But the platypus is pink
and male, anyway.


(Not a she.)


I wonder about platypuses.


(Platypi?)


Anyway,
why do they lay eggs?


Why

do bears hibernate?


And why

don't I

hibernate as well?


What does a bear do

that makes it

so

very

tired?


What do I do

that makes me

so


very


tireder?


Make up words?


Tastry. Debacon. Squarea. Pitytart.


Whimsy
overtakes me.


Poems about math,

hamburger doodles,

stuffed platypi,

knee-high umbrella socks.


Portions of fancy,

samples of dreams,

glimpses of memory,

fragments of musing.


Like so many

awkwardly

spaced

thoughts

on a regular, dreary Thursday.

1 comment:

Reogan said...

I've gone mad. How is it that the Thursday Thought format can be so differently used by three people?

Much less, so well used?


It's always a joy to be deigned worthy to receive post from our esteemed BlogBuddy(tm).

Even if I fail to mention that fact for, say, a month.