Monday, August 18, 2008

Greenhouse

The good folks from Penny Arcade and Hothead Games have joined forces. Just what, you may ask, could be the product of this (un)holy union? Why non other than Greenhouse! Greenhouse is devoted to bringing gamers and developers together without the need for third parties. They already have two full games out, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One, and Eschalon: Book I. If you look at the games you can probably tell that I've fallen in love with Eschalon without even playing it. Now, I am off to test it out, though Midnight draws near, and I have a matter of business to tend to in the wee hours of Dawn.



UPDATE: I have downloaded the Eschalon Demo and just got through the intro. I'm more enamored with this than any previous computer-based game intro.

5 comments:

Meta Knight said...

cool...

Reogan said...

I do hope that's a cool... (I've gone to check it out and/or find someone to simplify Reogan's writings because English is my third language after Swahili and ROT13) rather than a cool... (I really don't care but I have to comment so I can continue to bask in the glory of Reogan's post's majesty.)




Actually, either is fine if you put in that majesty bit.

Reogan said...

Oh, the game was a waste of my life.

Qupar said...

that majesty bit

Reogan said...

Ah, well in that case, you're right. How unusual... :p