Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Song of the Week 4 and 5: 'Somewhere to Hide' by Hy Bound, Loka LaFevre, and 'Black Wing Metamorphosis' by Jillian Aversa, Sixto Sounds, and others

Alright, considering I've missed a week I'm going to double up here. The first piece I've selected is something more to my taste then to Reogan or probably our recent visitor Elphaba. Hy Bound collaborates with Loka LaFevre to bring you a Final Fantasy 4 ReMix titled "Somewhere to Hide". I'm usually not to big on vocals unless it's Jillian Aversa, but I dig the electronic stuff and it lines up quite well with some great beats by Hy Bound. Another favorite and defenitely worth the listen, you can find the page for the track here and the actual direct link to Somewhere to Hide is in those words.

Anyway, here's Song of the Week 5 since I'm doubling up this week. This one is almost so obvious for me that I almost overlooked it. I consider it old because I've heard it so many times, but the Final Fantasy 7 album Voices of the Lifestream has defenitely not lost it's shine just because it was released two years ago. Black Wing Metamorphosis is one of OCR's mega collabs, so it better be good. Ironically in the above section referring to Somewhere to Hide I mentioned Jillian Aversa (pixietricks) who was a part of this collab doing the choir vocals. Of course at the time she was still Jillian Goldin, but once again a massive congrats on the wedding. Anyway back to the track, it features a lot of orchestration despite the littile old school start. I also love the part at the end where the guitar that just has to be Sixto Sounds kicks in, defenitely a pretty cool song that incorperates a lot of things. The song page can be found here and Black Wing Metamorphosis has the link to direct listening. The Final Fantasy series has to have an awesome soundtrack (I've never played it... yeah and no I've never gotten to the Ice Cap Zone in Sonic 3 either), still I don't consider myself a bad person...

15 comments:

Reogan said...

Not a fan of the first track, enjoyed the second. I wouldn't say you put up that many hyperlinks, and if you scheduled your posts like Elphie and I, this wouldn't happen.

Met said...

? This post was scheduled about a week before, I just posted Can I for some feedback on the possibility, this post was written before then and I wasn't going to go back and change it.

Reogan said...

Oh,I'm to blame for the misunderstanding. What I meant was that if you scheduled your posts, you'd needn't fear missing a week. Even if I die, the Lament will arrive every Monday until it ends (In November). Scheduling just keeps quality coming.

Qupar said...

cool

Reogan said...

That was.. descriptive.

Met said...

cool

Reogan said...

I hope my hatred was conveyed by the previous year of silence.

Met said...

Nope, having the last word beats a year of silence every time.

Reogan said...

Having the last word conveys hatred?

Met said...

Nope, superiority is probably what comes closest to describing it.

Reogan said...

But my intent was the conveyance of hatred.

Met said...

Exactly, superiority beats hatred; it's above hatred.

Reogan said...

But hatred is fun.

Met said...

True, but that doesn't change the facts.

Reogan said...

I suppose.