Friday, February 19, 2010

Horrifying

As I stared at what was directly in front of my eyes, one thing was clear:

Toto, we are so far gone from Kansas it's not even funny.

This was the oddest, strangest thing I'd ever encountered! It hadn't ever crossed my mind that things like this could exist! It was making me question everything I thought I knew and trusted... I wondered breifly if there was ever a time when this was remotely close to normal. I mean, would people actually see something like this while they were just walking down the street?

That idea horrified me, so I quickly blocked it. However, I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from the picture I held in my hands.

I mean, my best friend sporting a six-inch high, multicolored mohawk? What was wrong with him?

12 comments:

Reogan said...

Take a torch to it. Most hair products are flammable. Some are even inflammable.

Elphaba said...

Yeah, most things are either flammable or inflammable.

Reogan said...

Except water. Water foils every attempt.

Elphaba said...

True.

Reogan said...

Air seems to have trouble sustaining the fire tetrahedron as well.

Elphaba said...

Also true. Note the fact that I said "most" things, not all things.

Reogan said...

Are they? I think one could probably find more nonflammable rocks and dirt and metals than fuels.

Reogan said...

/unresearched argument

Elphaba said...

Some metals burn. And I have no idea if your argument is right or not. Plus, I misquoted myself. I said most things are either flammable or inflammable. So water, air, rocks, and dirt all fall into the category of being inflammable--so my initial argument was right!

Reogan said...

No. Water, dirt, and most rocks are nonflammable. Unlike hair products, which are inflammable.

Elphaba said...

Why on earth would "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing (according to dictionary.com)? That's stupid! I stand corrected: Most things are flammable or nonflammable.

Reogan said...

Does it matter? Most everyone knows they're the same thing.

Most everyone here refers only to English speakers.