Friday, February 26, 2010

Humiliation

Ashley Fuller giggled. Mr. Spencer was an old, clueless teacher--and the students in his sixth-grade class took full advantage of it. Today, for example, he thought nothing of all six girls going to the bathroom at the exact same time. It made what the girls were doing that much easier.

It's not like we're doing anything wrong, she rationalized. We just want to experiment with makeup. Our parents won't let us, so we just need to take matters into our own hands.

The laughing girls didn't hear the high heels clicking down the hall, coming closer...

As Ashley leaned closer to the mirror to apply eyeshadow, she heard a throat clear behind her. All six turned, and Ashley blushed scarlet.

Her mom had caught them.

"Girls, does Mr. Spencer know you're here doing this?"

Ashley gulped. "No, Mom."

Mrs. Fuller's eyebrows drew together in a frown. "I suggest you all get back to class now. Ashley, go up to your flute lesson. You're late."

All six girls filed meekly out the dorr. Ashley had never been more humiliated in her life.

Maybe sneaking out of class to mess around with makeup wasn't the brightest idea we've had...

16 comments:

Reogan said...

I really must ask why you posted something like this on Reoganworks. On a site where the undead stalk and the Apocalypse is now, makeup isn't exactly... fitting.

Qupar said...

to tell the truth, I was kinda wondering the same thing

Qupar said...

of course, then again, with my last wednesday post, i really can't judge

Reogan said...

Amen.

Elphaba said...

This was... inspired by something close to what I've experienced. Besides, I gave you two options, and you picked this one. Not my fault.

Reogan said...

It was the better or the two.

Elphaba said...

I told you I would add stuff to the other one to make it more suitable for RPS. So it's not my fault you picked the one with makeup.

Reogan said...

There was no salvaging the other one, don't fool yourself.

Elphaba said...

Obviously there is saving it, because you're letting me post it this week. It's a multi-chapter one.

Reogan said...

Perhaps I decided there was no salvaging you, hm?

Elphaba said...

Hey! What is that supposed to mean?

Reogan said...

You're beyond hope.

Elphaba said...

Oh. Duh. We've already determined that.

Reogan said...

True.

Elphaba said...

Ugh. Again, I apologize for the crap I put up.

Reogan said...

The only apology we need is more, better work.