Thursday, February 25, 2010

Song(s) of the Week? (11): 'Image Deo', 'Chain Reaction' by Flexstyle, 'Aire Tam Break' by Fishy, and many others...

So I've been gone for a while from the posting line up due to generally being busy with other stuff. I don't expect to really post a lot, but it looks like I might have to step it up a bit to keep everyone here sane (although The Golden Apocalypse is definitely the highlight of this blog right now and it's quite awesome actually). So here comes a song of the "week" but it's not coming from OCR for a change. In my long break from posting the folks at Protagonist Records have been keeping real busy by launching guest releases nearly every weekday. It's definitely keeping me busy with stuff to listen to and I'll run through a few of my favorites and the artists they got me interested in. First off I've started to like Flexstyle; a lot of sweet beats from this electronic artist and I've listened to Elements of Creation as well as A Sense of Urgency 2009 and they've both been pretty good albums and stuff I'll probably buy for his price once my iPod starts working again. Both guest tracks of his on Protagonist are pretty dang good; I love the beginning of Image Deo and Chain Reaction is very slick with an in your face attitude that is very dance-able. There's also a few other tracks and artists I should mention doing guest releases now; hollidayrain has some pretty good trance/techno that is worth a listen or two. Death Hill by Vitz and (get this song title) Ornamekias - A Slight Wave From the Hill Above by 12 Followers/Meteo Xavier also provided some very good chill stuff recently that I can't seem to stop listening to. I used Death Hill in a PowerPoint presentation already and it went over pretty well mixing in with the background. Pyroshock also got a guest track recently called An Integral Part (Reprise) it's some good trance stuff with a sweet breakdown section. After listening to it I checked out both of his EP albums. There's lots of great stuff up there so go check it out at http://protagonistrecords.net/ it's definitely worth the listen. Back to OCR... they've put up way too much stuff for me to cover since I've been gone, but a fairly recent mix posted around the end of 2009 is Aire Tam Break by Fishy with some excellent guitar work. Check it out on youtube; pretty sweet stuff. Now that I've hopefully given you lots of awesome music listen to something each week to make up for all the time I've missed. I hope I've kept you sane long enough to endure reading more Reogan, Elphaba, and Qupar or whatever his name is now. Actually they're doing great without me, so I'm content to read their awesome stuff while I sit back and do other things. No offense guys; I'm insane too, have a nice week :)

4 comments:

Reogan said...

It's good to hear from you.

I lack much more to say, as I'm never quite sure how to comment on these.

Met said...

You could try listening to the music and offering your own opinions or suggestions. You don't have to though, I just appreciate you listening to the music.

Reogan said...

I'm sorry, I believe I failed to make this clear. I do listen to the music, I simply don't have to much of an opinion. I could possibly force one out, if you'd like, for a song or two. If it would suffice to say that I appreciated it, though, then allow me to say that.

Met said...

I really wish SGX threw up tracks on protag with the frequency he once did. I love so many of the tracks he has up there and they've introduced me to some fantastic artists.